<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Back to top
5:10 PM
Didn't post for two days, so I'll do two "days" now...^^

Day 5 - Your Dreams

Hi dreams!!^0^
More specifically,
Hi Princess and Puppet and Myself.
There's always these 3 characters in my dreams.

The Princess (don't know what else to call her),
Is always wearing this pale pink medieval gown,
Intricately decorated with perfectly round pearls of different sizes.
She always appears for about 20 seconds,
With a black background that sort of spurts/radiates different colours.
Sort of like a black opal, you know?

The Puppet (Don't know what else to call it, either),
I don't know how to describe.
Um... Ok think Pinocchio,
The flesh version, without any wood or strings.
He would be around knee-height (which is TALL, believe me),
And he would always be clutching this small bear soft toy.
He would appear in the middle of some background,
Though I don't really remember what.
He started appearing when I watched the three-minutes of Chuckie/Chucky.
Thinking what I'm thinking? Actually my Puppet's not frightening,
Though last time it was, when I was still traumatized over that part in the movie.
He's actually a nice chap. ;D

Myself.
Well actually I don't really see myself,
I just am. You know like my eyes are the camera lens?
Except my view is sort of circular in shape.
I still remember one time when I dreamt about cockroaches.
(Again I am not afraid of any insect except (TERRIFIED) of the cockroach)
Ok so the dream went something like that:

Was walking in some kind of village made of hut,
Like one of those "Mummy" movies except not in the dessert.
I was with this trekker guy, like a hiker,
And he disappeared.
I was trying to find him, then a whole hoard of cockroaches started coming to me,
In a swarm, making this screechy noise that isn't scientifically possible,
And my lens (me, actually) is trying to run away.
After that I woke up, sweating, not moving for one whole minute.

Did I tell you about the woman I dreamt of who blew everyone I saw up?
No?
Never mind. Sometimes, ignorance is bliss.

-------------

Day 6 - A Stranger

What a weird person to dedicate a post out to. Hm.
Ok, I'll try.

Hey stranger!!!
(Do not think weirdly of me, you know.)
What is your first impression of me?
I think I can give you a list:

1. Fat.
2. Ugly.
3. Badly cut hair.
4. Talks too much for her own good.

And I know all are true, no need to comfort me.
I try, man. I really do. I'm sorry.
No sarcasm intended at all, just in case.

Bye stranger!!!
There are like 6 billion people I can call strangers out there, you know.
So, whoever who reads this that doesn't know me,
Let me extend a warm welcome to this blog!!!
.
.
.
.
.
Wait. This blog is f-locked.
MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
So this post is unnecessary. Hmm. Oh well.
Never mind.

-------------

Janet Tsieh from Travel & Living/Food Network looks like YoonA.
Serious. Really really pretty, too.

Did I say I love Alton Brown (AB)?? XDDD
And Sunny Anderson (Cooking for Real), Giada DiLaurentis (Giada at Home), Ina Garten (Barefoot Contessa)...
;DDD I feel old actually....=.=
But cooking shows are my absolute favourite!!!!!
Other than Invincible Youth.
Better than Music Bank and Star Golden Bell.
Unless Super Junior's on (SGB). Haha...

Maybe it's just my passion for cooking.
My mum told me to take care of my grandmother extra well today because of her awful tooth ache, so I whipped up a Carrot and Ginger soup for lunch today to help her out.
Because she can't chew a thing, so she's not eating, so it's worrying.
I took the recipe from the Soup cookbook,
And it's blended together, so it's thick and filling.
I tweaked the recipe a little, because we didn't have any celery at home and not enough carrot,
So instead of 1 celery, 1 medium potato, and 5.5 cups carrots,
I put 2.5 cups carrots, and 4 small potatoes instead.
And I upped the ginger from 2 teaspoons to about 3.5 teaspoons.
Because I thought why call it ginger soup when there's so little ginger, right?
And ginger's a LOVELY spice to work with.
I put tonnes more nutmeg (Bought from Bali haha finally had a chance to use it)
And a dash of ground oregano because I felt like it.
No cream inside, because Cheers didn't have any, so too bad.
But it tasted really good (for my standards), and my grandmother had something proper to much on (well not really munch; more like drink)^---^
And my brother loved it, so mission accomplished. ;D
My maid is fasting, so she didn't have any (so sad...)
But that meant my brother could have more, and he was happy~!! ........
So well, planning to cook more during the holidays.

Did I tell you about the time when I cooked salad Thai noodles for my family?
With this totally random (because I promptly forgot all the ingredients for the lime dressing) but yummy and refreshing dressing?
I ended up putting a whole lot of everything, and the result was to my relief, great.
Everything consisted of fish sauce, white vinegar, light soy sauce, lime juice, lime zest, sesame oil, and lots of honey to balance everything out.
Note that I didn't write down the amount because I didn't measure anything.
I just poured into the bowl according to my gut feeling. Heh.
Oh yeah and one finely grated Japanese long cucumber for coolness and freshness. Yay~!!

XD

Comment | 0 Comment(s)