<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Thursday, June 7, 2012

Back to top
6:56 PM
I've just finished reading Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows that I borrowed from Tashfia.
Actually, I stayed up last night until about 3am to finish it, because it was so interesting and I-have-to-keep-reading-on causing that I just stayed up and finished it... Haha.

So now I can tell you with utmost conviction my feelings for the book(s) and the characters.

Favourite Characters:
- Severus Snape
-Fred Weasley (maybe George, too, but I think Fred's funnier)

If you haven't yet read the books or haven't read books 1, 6, and 7, you'd probably be utterly shocked that I adore Snape so much.
I like his wittiness, his courage, his loyalty, his abilities (skill in magic), his love, EVERYTHING.
Actually I even like the way he bullies Potter, which may be shocking to you, but I find it funny. I hate it when any one of the Hogwarts students criticise him though, because they just don't understand who Snape really is.
Snape even asked Dumbledore to hide "his best" (meaning, his best qualities as a person, since he did things for the Order in secret, and everyone thinks he's siding with Voldemort).
Snape is just a. Good. Person. Terribly modest, if I may say so, but the best personality in the world. It helped that he had an unwavering and super intense love for Lily Potter (nee Evans) that I doubt ANYBODY in the book could have been a match to.
Talking about matches, Snape is/was a really smart person. He invented Spells (okay, they were curses, but STILL), Potions (he could brew the most highly complicated ones as well), and he excelled in his potions lessons so much that Prof. Slughorn kept his textbook! (Okay I'm lying a bit here, Snape just didn't want it back and left it in the school, I guess...)
SNAPE IS THE BEST CHARACTER IN THE BOOKS and I really want to go see the 8th movie because I haven't (HORROR of horrors) and I want to see Snape at his best!!
I like Harry only because he named his 2nd son Severus. Okay, it was Albus Severus Potter. Has a ring, eh? ;P

Fred Weasley is just extremely funny, and the twins are probably my most favourite out of all the Weasleys, followed by Ron (quite far behind though) and the one I dislike the most is Ginny (not because she was with Harry - I hate Harry (hmm, much like Snape does) - but because I just think she's a whiny git.)
WHY MUST THE CHARACTERS I LIKE ALL DIIIIIIEEEEEEE!!!!!
(except Neville)

Favourite chapter of the book: Chapter 33 - The Prince's Tale
(omg it's divisible by 3!!!!!! I KNEW IT 3 is the heavenly number. ;P)

My favourite quotes of the book (bk 8)?? :D
"Albus Severus, you were named for 2 headmasters of Hogwarts. One of them was a Slytherin and he was probably the bravest man I ever knew." Harry Potter to his 2nd son.

Book: "Look... at... me..."/ Movie: "Look at me... you have your mother's eyes." Snape's last words to Harry - I think he wanted his last sight ever to be Lily Potter's eyes... ;_; *is extremely touched*

"(You want) my word, Severus, that I shall never reveal the best of you? If you insist..." Albus Dumbledore to Snape when the latter wanted him to keep mum about Snape protecting Potter for Lily's sake... T^T

(Snape stop making me cry.....)

Though I think the Half-Blood Prince is my most favourite book out of all (closely followed by Deathly Hallows) because it shows every good thing about Snape.

I felt really extremely guilty after reading he first book because while reading it I was hating Snape and pitying Quirrell, when all that time it should have been majorly the opposite! Snape was just trying to protect Potter from Quirrell and the Dark Lord!

Oh Snape................................................

-----------------

By the way I think Avengers is one of the best movies I've ever watched (alongside AVP) ONLY because of the presence of Robert Downey Jr/Tony Stark/Iron Man. Because of the funniness ("Phil? His first name's Agent!") and the impulsiveness (sending the missile to the other world) and the good-looking-in-a-mature-man-kind-of-wayness. Yeah!!!

I just wrote this so I can read back and see if I still agree, say, 3 years from now. Haha.

-----------------

By the way, I told you of my crush on Bobby Flay about 2 posts ago I think?
Guess what. I was watching back-to-back episodes of Throwdown last night, and I realised that the crush is still there. Good thing or bad thing??

You decide. ;)

Comment | 0 Comment(s)