<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Friday, September 21, 2012

Back to top
7:37 PM
I've been listening to One Direction songs recently, and...

You know how I've recently been into BBC Sherlock and Doctor Who?

Well I should probably say I've been listening to some British music when I was younger too, because my mum liked this singer (forgot his name) and I also liked Queen.

...and I realised that all of One Direction's songs had that British quality to it.

I mean, obviously, they're a Britpop group. But I realised how very different (and also how much better) British music is from (shoddy) American music.

Not that American music is shoddy, actually, it's just that British music sounds more real and less............................ plastic (for lack of a better word).

Examples of very clearly British style songs of 1D:-

- I Want
I get this very distinct Bohemian kind of vibe that I got from Queen.
Especially the guitar part during the 2nd verse (Liam's part) and the instrumental break

- Moments
I don't know, the chorus just gave me the Doctor Who theme vibe.
"Doctor Whoooooooooooooo (Doctor Who) /Doctor Whoooooooooooooooooooo (Tardis)"

Really like these 2 songs a lot.

One other song that I like is Tell Me a Lie.
I just find it quite sad and personally, I like angsty songs like that.
"If he's the reason that you're leaving me tonight, spare me what you think and tell me a lie" :'/

One Direction are just


Comment | 0 Comment(s)