<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Thursday, September 6, 2012

Back to top
5:21 PM
Wow, I haven't posted for ages. When was the last time? July 6th. Wow.

There have been many many changes to my life since July 6th. When I say changes, I mean probably permanent ones.

1: Prelims have come and gone and I've gotten my results.

Not the best results in the world, even Ching Chong Chiang School students would be disappointed. Really. I mean, I got 12 for L1R5 :(((((((((((((
But I got an A2 for my Higher Art, which is quite the achievement. I realise I've been steadily increasing for the past year. Sec 3 EOYs I got B4, Sec 4 CT1 I got B4, Sec 4 MYE I got B3, and now for Prelims it's A2, so yay! :)

Which probably means I can get my A1 for Art? Well coursework's due next week, so I'm slogging away....doing DRAWINGS! Yay what fun (NOT).

Gonna do a bit of Chen later, then Bio class tmr (which sucks - during holidays, dude!).

2: I've found Benedict Cumberbatch and fallen in love (new fandom!)

Realise that in my latest posts, I've been in a sort of doldrums. Because that was the first time I wasn't actually excited about anything (even Super Junior and SID *ungasp*). But then BC lifted me out of the rut.

Okay right now I probably need to recount my whole experience of discovering the true hidden gem of talent that is Benedict Cumberbatch. Here goes. Be patient.

Vanessa's been on and on about British shows and asking me to watch, so one day when I saw that BBC Sherlock was playing on beTV, I asked my Dad to record it. Then obviously (!) I watched it. S1E3 The Great Game. This was around the end of July??? Like 20th or something.
Then I just fell in love with the show, and the character Sherlock. I only noticed Benedict Cumberbatch as BC (I mean, not as his character Sherlock) because Vanessa, Natassha and Tashfia kept talking about him, and his picture was on Natassha's toast*. Before I watched Sherlock, I thought that BC was some new young actor in his early 20s, like some sort of new-found talent. As I watched Sherlock, I thought he was in his late twenties. But then upon researching him on Wikipedia (standard mode of operation) I discovered he was ancient, and thus founded my ancient people dilemma*.
I fell in love with everything Sherlock, and devoured/inhaled every episode (borrowed from Vanessa those eps that I couldn't find)!
Thereafter I fell in love with everything to do with BC. Not yet, actually. But I was searching BC videos and interviews of Sherlock and behind-the-scenes footage, then I stumbled upon a video on Youtube - Benedict Cumberbatch's amazing French accent (not the actual title,  but you get what I mean. You can search for it). This was how I discovered Cabin Pressure, the most awesome radio series ever. Comedy radio series, I should specify, and the French accent came from a Season 3 episode called Qikiqtarjuaq. (no, there isn't a 'u' after the 'q's. It's not the law.) Shortly after that I started a Tumblr account (after first discovering the awesomeness of said site through Tashie's Tumblr). By the way, Tashie's Tumblr's not awesome anymore, because instead of posting it with normal British stuff, now she's clogged it up with DBSK stuff, so it's not awesome anymore. At all. Eeugh.)
My Tumblr (rhymingjourneys) was started on August 3rd 2012. At the 6 chimes on the afternoon watch. (meaning 6pm, got it from watching To the Ends of the Earth starring BC (who else)!) By the way, Rhyming Journeys is a word game Douglas and Martin were playing in Cabin Pressure. Example: from Vienna to Sienna/from York to Cork/from Kent to Stockholm Trent. And of course, Martin's famous example: "from Hong Kong to... itself?" Douglas: "You mean, from Hong to Kong?"
Most of my Tumblr's just filled with pictures of Benedict Cumberbatch and Doctor Who (David Tennant), scattered with 5 or 6 photos of other fandoms. Out of almost 700 posts so far. So brace yourself if you ever want to visit.
Then after that I just watched Benedict Cumberbatch productions. No order whatsoever. But those that I've watched include (in order): Hawking, Miss Marple: Murder is Easy, Van Gogh: Painted with Words, War Horse. Currently watching To the Ends of the Earth (miniseries), Third Star (movie) and reading Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy in preparation to watch the movie of the same title (with BC as Peter Guillam!) Unknowingly, I also watched Into the Universe with Stephen Hawking which had BC as narrator and S. Hawking the younger, ages BEFORE my fandom. Haha~

3: Goodbye.

I guess after this post I'll be spending most of my online time with Tumblr, and all of my offline time with my 'beloved' O Level preparation. Eeyuck.

I will come back, but I don't know when. Also, this is the last post with the blog url 'hidden-personalities', which I've had for ages. But I guess it's high time to move on :) Next time you read this blog, it will have a new name.

Comment | 0 Comment(s)