
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
4:57 PM |
2 weeks before the start of my GCEs, and a wave of nostalgia came over me. Maybe it's because of all the stress, I had to go back to what I was familiar with, what comforted me, and what stuck by me and encouraged me as I grew up. So I went back, went to YouTube and listened to tracks from High School Musical and Spirit: Stallion of the Cimarron. Actually my profile on the left is wrong, because I typed it not remembering that Spirit is and will always be my favourite movie of all time. I grew up not knowing who released the movie, not knowing the animators, directors, the narrator - anything. But I remembered all the lyrics of all the songs, and this was also the movie from which I learned to draw horses. I paused sections of the movie, brought tracing paper to the TV screen, and literally traced the horse image from there, because when I was young I thought all the horses were drawn so beautifully, and their facial expressions so well animated that all the feelings were brought across perfectly. So now while listening to The Long Road Back, I can't help the tears that are sliding down my cheeks, because all my past memories just kept flooding back: of me when I was around 8 clutching my pillow sitting on the sofa in the living room watching the movie over and over again, crying at all the happy and sad parts and the hurting parts, the floor strewn with colour pencils and tracing paper and proper paper as I kept pausing the movie and trying to copy the marvellous drawings... I've also loved this movie so much because I thought it was very mysterious. Remember how I said earlier that I didn't know anything about the movie? Well, that was because I think maybe the CD cover broke or something, but the movie CDs (yes back then they were VCDs not DVDs and it had to be split into 2 discs!) were always kept int his CD pouch with some other movies like Monsters Inc. and educational games like Dangerous Creatures and some mouse abacus computer game or something. So I thought it was some old movie from ages ago when I watched it, and I only just found out TODAY (after years and years in the dark - about 8, I think) that it was a Dreamworks movie, narrated by Matt Damon and was released in 2002. I was 6 yoa then. Also, High School Musical. I was so shocked when I went into Secondary School and found out that every single person hated HSM and that you were super uncool if you liked HSM. Iguess I'm an old romantic and stuff, but during songs like When Thre Was Me and You and Gotta Go My Own Way, I literally sat in front of the TV and cried. Also, during the finale songs like All In This Together, I also teared up (can you believe it) that there was a happy ending and stuff like that. I'm the most soppy person the world has ever met, probably. And I love old things. Like, seriously. Heh. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|