
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
6:56 PM |
I originally wanted to post a really excited post talking about the end of my GCEs, my trip to the Anime Festival Asia and all the merchandise that I bought, and start the rant on Taylor Swift (of which I've compiled every single thing I want to say - the list is quite long). But I'm currently feeling very deep in the doldrums. And I have no idea why. My GCEs are ending tomorrow afternoon, after which I'm going out with Tashie to get her her birthday scarf+CD, my ingredients for brownies and a present for my Secret Santa recipient. Then the next day I'm going to Su Yen's house for a class 'post-GCEs/Christmas' party. One Tuesday I'm going shopping with the gang, then having a campfire with the Guides at school. Then on Friday I'm going for a concert, and I suggested a sleepover at someone's because the concert ends at midnight. Even though I have all these periods of unbridled pleasure and laughter to look forward to, I feel depressed. Is this some sort of Season To Be Depressed In or something? Because charlieissocoollike just posted a video about being depressed, too. Watch it here. Maybe there's some sort of gap in my life now that exams are to be over soon. After gruelling months of slaving away, there's suddenly nothing left to do. That's the strange thing. You see, when you are neck-deep in shit to do, inspiration hits. You want to draw a portrait of Benedict Cumberbatch and Gareth David-Lloyd. You want to update your wardrobe with a shopping trip with Tashie. You want to rewatch Sherlock and Doctor Who S2-4, you want to get the Torchwood box-sets and go for a marathon with Bianca and Tashie. You want to read all the Lord of the Rings books to catch up with The Hobbit. You want to rent Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy. (all me, by the way. Don't know if you'd noticed.) But then exams are over. And you just want to sit on your butt the whole entire day, getting intimate with your best friend, the Internet. Or you just want to sleep. Or stare out your window. Or at the mess on your desk, which still looks like you haven't started your major examinations yet. Your life feels empty. Where I'm from, it's quite common, I should think. Exams take up most of our lives. To be honest, I quite like this routine. That's why I plan to study my way through life until I'm at least 25. Because by studying, you have a paved path with a lot of directions to follow. You don't have to worry about a job, your financial burdens, repaying your parents, etc. You just study and answer questions given to you, with straightforward answers. You get money from the government/your parents to do it. Worry free. To me school stress is nothing compared to life stress. I think. Frankly, what the hell: I'm scared of real life. And I'm horribly, terribly depressed. I just want to sit in a corner of my favourite library, and get lost in one of the books. ---------- This post is way longer than I expected. Expected: 5-line-long post. ---------- Drowning myself in John Barrowman's musical songs now. Reminds me of a cruel joke (to victims): 'I tried to drown my sorrows, but they learned how to swim.' Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|