<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Saturday, November 17, 2012

Back to top
11:29 PM
Remember my last comments on Torchwood: Miracle Day? (of course you don't)
Well, that was before I'd watched it.
Now I'm back to make a more informed...judgement?

But not really. I've only watched 1.5 episodes. Out of 10.

But I already think that Oswald Danes is the most unnecessary character in the whole history of television.
If they take him out, all of the show I've watched before will still make perfect sense and stay the same.
I have no idea why people are 'campaigning' for him to go back to prison.
If the police want him in prison, they can just throw him in. They don't need to listen to what Danes has to say!
And it's stupid that they let him roam free throughout the complex and recording studios.
He's a criminal!

Did I mention I hate American dramas? I mean dramas written by Americans. They should just have given this Miracle Day job to Chris Chibnall and Russel T Davies to write, and give it to Euros Lyn and Phil Collins to direct, and the world would be happier.

And they could have kept it in Cardiff or the United Kingdom.

And they could have made it loads more interesting by adding a subplot: giving Jack and Gwen the monumental task of rebuilding the Torchwood 3 Institute - adding members, building a new base, etc. For the fans, anyone? Think of the fans? (only British writers do that - it's clear in Torchwood Seasons 1 and 2)

I also think that if they kept Ianto, the whole show could have been that much more bearable to watch because of the snide comments that he would make to lighten the boring mood.
But even I think he had to die to let Children of Earth make sense

(But then again Ianto could have lived and they could have sacrificed another child instead of Steven so there you go problem solved.)

However I like Mekhi Phifer and Alexa Havins' characters. But completely unnecessary.

Also - where has Lois Habiba (from Children of Earth) disappeared to? Essentially she's also an unofficial Torchwood (field) operative. They didn't even give her a proper dismissal. And Gwen told her that if she lost her job as a PA for John Frobischer helping them, that she'd be given a job at Torchwood.
From the ending of Children of Earth, it was clear that she definitely lost her job - John Frobischer died, she hates the president of Britain, and if she wasn't fired then she definitely quit.
And then what?
She just disappears off the face of the Earth. Like Jack did. but Jack came back.
Lis didn't even leave planet Earth. Knowing her she'd probably stalk Gwen Cooper down, no matter where the bloody hell she lived.

And PC Andrew 'Andy' Davidson. You can bring him out now! Give him a bigger role which he well deserves! He could be the 'new Ianto' of comic relief!

And then in Miracle Day they also decided to ship Rhys back to Cardiff and not let him join the team in the United States.

Were did all the familliar people go? Might as well make it into a whole other series because from the way i see it currently, this is so not a spin-off of Doctor Who. Not anymore anyway.

Peopl had to familliarise themselves with the new characters in Torchwoo Season 1, because the only character they actually knew in this spin-off was Captain Jack Harkness. When we start warming up to them,you give them big roles and major characterisation. Then when we start liking them properly, you kill them off.

And now you want us to get used to Americans. In a British TV show. I'm sorry, but I didn't sign up for this.

But Miracle Day is still not as bad as the American reviews make it out to be. I hope.
*goes back to watch more*

Comment | 0 Comment(s)