<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Friday, November 30, 2012

Back to top
11:05 PM
So today I went to watch 2 movies.

WARNING: Contains MEGA spoilers, especially for the 2nd movie!

Rise of the Guardians!
Forgive me for being so redundant, but Jack Frost was so cute!
Like, he was drawn really well, I guess I should say.
At first I thought Jack Frost looked like Colin Morgan (ahaha)
And Pitch Black looked like Benedict Cumberbatch (must be the long face)
But after a while that feeling went away ^^

Written ever so beautifully!
I loved how they actually came up with reasons why these Guardians did what they did, and also unconventional characters that are not stereotypical, especially the Easter Bunny!
But I absolutely loved it when children stop believing and he shrank into the cutest little bunny (remember before that he was a macho tattooed hare)...!

Talking about the Easter Bunny, I was quite interested in who voiced the characters, especially Pitch.
Because, well, he had a British accent.
And then when the name 'Jude Law' flashed in giant lettering I immediately thought "YES YES YES definitely Pitch, no wonder Pitch had such an amazing voice!"
And the instant the Easter Bunny started speaking, I immediately thought Hugh Jackman and I was right! He has such a distinguishable voice, with the amazing Australian accent.
(I like saying the words 'Australian accent' in an Australian accent Try it #random)
At first I thought Jack Frost's voice seemed too low and bass-like for such a young boy, but I got used to it after a while and grew to like it :)

Next movie I watched was.......*drumroll*.............

RUROUNI KENSHIN *cue cheers at a million decibels*

You know initially when my friend said she was interested in watching Rurouni Kenshin, I replied that I was quite interested too, because they featured it at the AFA, but truthfully I wasn't that interested, since I had bad experiences with past Japanese movies which were manga/anime adaptations. (Rurouni Kenshin is one too)

In the end I only agreed to watch it because it was Japanese. Like, fickle me.

And when the movie started and it had dim lighting, a samurai war with lots of blood and gore and screaming and war cries, I became even less interested. Since I hate war movies in general (yeah except War Horse but that's an ETTR since it didn't have much actual dark war scenes in it)

But. BUT. BUT. When Takeru Sato came on. I just. *faints*
He is the cutest, most handsome Japanese face I have ever seen in my entire life!
(just went on his Wiki page and found he's only 23 years old (1989)!)
(You may think that that's old since most idols are in their teens (boooo) but 23's actually a really tiny age for someone who recently fell head over heels in love with people like Benedict Cumberbatch (1976), David Tennant (1971) and John Barrowman (1967) note: John Barrowman started his career the same year Takeru Sato was BORN)
Anyway the movie was brilliantly written, with perfect moments of comic relief, enough anxiety and action (ooh the fight scenes were really hot), beautiful acting, extremely unpredictable (which is a definite PLUS).
I say unpredictable because Kenshin had vowed never to kill again after his horrific samurai assassin period 10 years ago, but in order to save Kaoru, he yelled to Jin'e: "I am going to kill you! For her sake, just this once" and everyone was so shocked (literal gasping in the theatre) but just as he was about to slice Jin'e's chest, Kaoru yelled "STOP" at the last minute and it turned out she'd broken the 'one side' spell on her own, because of her strong will and hatred towards killing.
She didn't want Kenshin to go back to killing because she thinks 'swords are to invigorate life, not take it away' :'D
I also quite pity Megumi, because I thought she was evil at first, but it turned out she's actually a brilliant healer from a family of great doctors...
Yahiko was quite quite adorable, especially when he told Kenshin that since Kenshin joined the dojo after him, Yahiko was his senior! (note that Yahiko's about 10 years old, and Kenshin about 20+ X))
Sagara was epic too! He's really funny, and the fight between him and the minion (?) in the kitchen was really epicly funny:

*both fighting intensely, pushing and shoving, breaking furniture*

Sagara: "STOP, STOP, wait a minute!"

*fighting stops*

*Sagara picks up chunk of meat and starts eating*

Sagara: "It's chicken, you want some?" *throws meat to minion*

*minion stares at the hunk of meat*

Minion: "Poor bird. I'm a vegetarian." *puts meat down*

Hilarious. And it was going on at the same time as Kenshin's battle with Kanryu and later, that masked and scarred guy. Oh it sort of provided a good tension and comic relief. ^^

Oh by the way before I watched the movie I always thought that Rurouni Kenshin was his name, but I realised that his name was actually Himura Kenshin, and 'rurouni' means 'wanderer'. Because after his time as a samurai assassin, he became a wanderer and helped people who were in trouble.

Brilliant movie, everyone should give it a go! Oh and you don't need any prior knowledge before watching it, so yeah! ^^

Comment | 0 Comment(s)