<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Tuesday, November 20, 2012

Back to top
11:20 PM
So. Exciting day today, and I'm gonna blog all about it because I think it's worth remembering (keeping tabs of) for the rest of my life. :)

What I wore:
- Giordano hoodie-shirt
- Uni Qlo olive green long pants
- Brandless* plaid-print sneakers from Thailand
- Swatch B&W military print watch
- Leather bracelet
- Zebra print shoelaces that I made into a bracelet with twine
- Hang Ten black jacket (ice skating)
- Timberland goat leather gloves (ice skating)

*no brand - there's no such brand as Brandless! Not that I know of anyway.

Who were there:
- Wei Ling
- Jennifer
- Tashfia

Not there:
- Bianca (thought it was on Thursday instead of today, and she was in Malaysia today =.=)

10:30AM - 12:30PM
Met up at J Cube and went ice-skating!
My first time, and I fell down twice, the second time rather spectacularly... Skates were really ugly.
Only I was the virgin skater there, so it was quite embarrassing, really. Having to hold on to Wei Ling's hand (she kept likening this to a romantic date where I had to hold her hand to stop from falling - I was so not going there!) all the time...
Got blisters on the arch of my foot after about 1.5 hours, so I sat out while the rest of them continued skating.
Spent: SGD$17.50

12:30PM - 1:50PM
We had a full platter lunch at Nando's! Still at J Cube.
We originally wanted to go to this awesome-looking Taiwanese restaurant, but it was Halal, so Tashie couldn't eat there.
(Wei Ling said next time we go out without Tashie we're gonna eat at the Taiwanese place! :D)
I had a Galao for my drink, which is Portuguese for a plain old latte. Two sugars!

After lunch, while going to the escalator, we saw a shop which sold really cool bags! A little too girly for me, though, so I didn't get anything from there.

Spent: SGD$17.90

1:50PM - 2:20PM
Travelling to town.............

2:20PM - 4:00PM
We were at Kinokuniya in Ngee Ann City!! Awesome bookstore! I found the Torchwood Archives (SGD$50~) and the Torchwood Official Magazine book (SGD$30~) but they were so expensive I decided to buy them at Amazon.com.uk instead. For Christmas?? Yay excited!
Went to the awesome stationery section and picked out some beautiful Japanese loose sheet letter-writing paper, a few lovely envelopes, and some cute teddy bear envelope seals (essentially just loose stickers). Then found Kuroshitsuji manga Volume 7 (waited for that in a long time!) so I just picked it up on the way to the cashier. Bought some refills for my Coleto pen because I wanted to write my letters in that brand's black and dark blue ink. :)
(Yes in this day and age I still actually write letters and send them in the mail please.)

Then we were so thirsty we went into Cold Storage and bought drinks! I bought Jasmine Green Tea by Heaven & Earth.

Spent: SGD$25.10

4:00PM - 5:45PM
Mooched around the Takashimaya children's toy section, and thought that the Hello Kitty bags were quite cute and that we didn't mind carrying them around even at our age ;)
Then we went to the *Scape Underground with all the cool little shops selling weird and wonderful everyday things!
Tashie almost bought a lovely pair of bright green flats with a cool accessory on it, but the shoe was half a size too big and they didn't have any smaller. So she didn't :(
Wei Ling and I each bought one set of Poppin' Cookin'! We bought the same set - the one to make doughnuts and cakes and stuff :))) Can't wait to try it out (in a severely air-conditioned room because I have sweaty palms! ._.)
Had to rush for Guides Camp after that! We were gonna be late.

Spent: SGD$11.90

6:30PM - 9:30PM
Reached school and attended the camp! Tashie, Wei Ling and I felt so overdressed as compared to all the other Guides and Guiders who were in t-shirt and shorts!
Had a cool camp time, found out their theme for this year was Toy Story, and the senior's (our) team was Buzz Lightyear!
The teachers were Andy (owner of all the toys) and the Sec 3s were Woody!
The t-shirt was a picture of Jessie! How cool~
I think the groups were Barbie, Rex, Ham, Bo-Peep, Slinky Dog and Mr Potato-head :)
Amanda Chua (a senior of mine) came at around the middle of the campfire, and she was wearing her Doctor Who experience shirt from when she went there in London in 2011! Cool picture of the TARDIS in the Time Vortex in front!! Then she and I started fangirling TREMENDOUSLY about British shows, essentially Doctor Who (watching Season 6 and & tomorrow omg), Torchwood (she blamed me for mentioning it, but she was the one who mentioned Children of Earth and Ianto Jones!!! *cries myself dry* Only other person who likes TWD other than myself!!), Sherlock (she's so intense about it, makes me want to rewatch every single episode again and note all the details), Cabin Pressure (she was the ONLY SINGLE PERSON who immediately understood my Tumblr URL (rhymingjourneys) without me saying anything about CP! Only other person who likes CP other than myself!!) and Tumblr. In General, we were talking about our FEELS.
The feels were literally radiating from the two of us, and even Wei Ling and Tashfia felt the vibes, mannnnn fandom.
And Amanda was saying how Sherlock saved her Geography exams, and Cabin Pressure saved her friend's exams!! Fandommmmmm!! <3 p="p">She's so intense she also fangirls about Snooker players in Britain, and this Physicist (she didn't say which one, but apparently he's in DW S7E4? Watching tomorrow!)
She is so much more intense than I am, I feel sort of ashamed but NOT TO WORRY. I have all the time in the world now to catch up! Yes!)
Okay. Most of this has been about fandom and not the campfire... *is unashamed*

Spent: what was left of my energy...

Total expenditure: SGD$72.40
Spent about half the money I brought..? :)
Other half (plus extras) for shopping trip with Tashfia and Bianca soon!

Wanted to post pictures, but it's 11:16PM right now, and I am too beat! :( Can't wait to get started on the letters, though. They're for Christmas! Oh-ho-ho. Yes I write letters. A heart-warming, traditional handwritten gesture. You see? For such a perfect holiday as Christmas? My life is complete.

Brilliant day, and I need to go shower and sleep now.

Comment | 0 Comment(s)