<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Thursday, November 22, 2012

Back to top
11:44 PM
SPOILERS for TWD: Miracle Day
Blogging while watching the Torchwood San Diego ComiCon panel for Miracle Day :)
---------

NOTHING. NOTHING can compare to the 456, dude. NOTHING.

Please. Don't even ask me to compare the Blessing with the 456.
In fact, I think the Blessing, as an alien/terrestrial artifact, is complete rubbish.
I was so disappointed by the reveal of the 'alien'.
At least the 456 were actual aliens. The Blessing is just, literally, a hole.
A gap. In the Earth. *what*

OH! I loved how in Miracle Day they made a slight connection to Matt Smith's Doctor by mentioning the Silurians, who were only introduced in Matt Smith's era. Fantastic!

Damn. Don't talk about Ianto. Not Ianto. Not him. Please.
I love John's reply!!! It's an amazing reply, actually. He answered the question properly, and the way he mentioned their relationship was magic. Barrowman really has his way with words.
Oh and I really really appreciate Jane Espenson (a writer for Miracle Day) for adding Jack's lover BEFORE Ianto's time, because even she knows that Jack can't really get over Ianto. Not yet, anyway. (not ever, I hope).

Actually I really don't mind shipping (slightly) Angelo and Jack, because their relationship is actually quite cute and full of angst, which I love. Except for the fact that he revealed Jack's immortality and allowed people to kill him over and over again just for entertainment, while Jack was being hung up like a piece of meat in the butcher shop.
I call that a massive betrayal.
But in the end I don;t know why - I still trusted him. And in the end his devotion to Jack was definitely applaudable.
When Jack talked about Ianto to Angelo's old and unconscious (was he though?) state, I just couldn't take it. Again, I started sobbing really bad.
Actually I appreciated those moments because it just shows how much the American writers really appreciated Janto's relationship. They really kept that in mind.
(or was it just Russel's intervention and last-minute editing...?)

YES I loved Episode 7. A lot. I think it's my favourite :)
Because it explores both JackxAngelo and JackxGwen's relationships.

LOVING the way they compare the US with the UK and the two countries' ongoing 'feud' over cultures and language - I find it all quite cute. Especially this scene in the car:

Rex: "Turn away I'm changing my pants."

Gwen: "You're changing your pants?!"

Esther: "He means his trousers!"

*note: in America, pants mean trousers, but in the UK, pants mean underwear ;)

I should think Russel is so much better to work with than John or Ross. British people!!

Yes I'd love for Captain Jack to be a part of 50th Anniversary for Doctor Who!! Yes it would be disappointing without. Yes Russel, and of course Matt would be welcome to it - he said so himself~

Yeah I think Rex and Jack are quite similar and so abrasive with each other, because both like to be in charge and do not like to take orders, so when making plans they make the scenes quite funny.

Why ask for a new season even before the 5th episode of Miracle Day has been aired? But yeahh I hope Russel T Davies decides to bring TWD out of the 'limbo' soon and decide to come back with another season. But. I'd like it to be in separate story arcs (like one per episode) like in the first 2 seasons. Make it a standard cast again, and not lose any of the members too quickly. I say 'too quickly' because it has become a pattern of Torchwood that cannot be erased.
Like, come on, they even unplugged Esther, who really really deserved to stay on the team for ever! But at least Rex didn't die - almost gave me a heart attack.
I especially think they should expand more on Rex's new found immortality and further explore their relationship, although it should strictly be a sort of Owen-Jack relationship - no love or sex. Just snarky  fabulous fun. Sub plot anyone?

"I wonder why we always look at the Barrowman?"

Jack sort of DOES sing in Miracle Day.... Esther's funeral hymn. :'/ You can't really hear his voice that well, but it's there! Go watch. Episode 10, at the end.

Heck, go watch the whole thing because despite the American online reviews, this show kicks the ass of nearly every American TV show out there in terms of character development, script writing, acting talent, emotions and everything. *shameless plug*

I really really hope Torchwood comes back. Really. <3 p="p">

Comment | 0 Comment(s)