
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
3:51 PM |
The rain just ended. I was watching a show on my laptop when I suddenly realised that it was getting dark and I couldn't see the keyboard clearly anymore against the glare of the screen. I went to the windows and drew the night curtains back to let the evening light come in. I closed the curtains earlier because of the fierce light of the morning sun. Something struck me as strange at first, like the view of my clubhouse in my condominium seemed all too quiet. I realised I couldn't hear any children's voices, or see anyone walking by the swimming pool, or any cleaners pushing their trolleys about. It seemed like the world had ended and I was the only one left. I froze in place for a while, in shock. It didn't help that the whole view was tinged a very slight yellow from the evening sun partially obscured by departing rain clouds. Furthermore, he show I'd been watching had been sci-fi. Then I saw a slight movement in the clubhouse, watched a guard stroll past. Then a child's laughter floated by my ear, and I began to relax again. I looked up at the sky. A dense layer of rain clouds covered the sky, much like a thick blanket, somehow soothing in that way. In the horizon, the blanket ended, and I could see the sky. It was pale orange, almost golden in colour, tinged with the slightest of pink shades. The overall effect was beautiful. Especially when contrasted against the dark sap green leaves of the old trees just outside my block. There was a low but loud rumble of thunder, seeming to last for ages. It was a comforting sound. I leaned against the grilles of the window, breathing in the cool air. I watched a cluster of birds dance past. Then I went back to my computer, a smile tugging at the corner of my lips. --------- No really. That did happen. It was just so beautiful that I had to write it down somehow. In fact, the outside view is still like that, although there are less rain clouds. The thunder is still rumbling in bouts. I like it when it rains. --------- The sci-fi show was Torchwood. See now I went and spoiled the whole mood ^^; Cue the eye-rolling *all together now* --------- It's just started to drizzle again. --------- Reminds me of a stupid joke I once read: "Whenever there's a rainbow in the sky, that means God is having gay sex." How awkward... But hilarious all the same. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|