
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
11:18 AM |
Torchwood: Miracle Day. It's a good show, actually. I'm on Episode 5 now, and I can safely say that it deserves much better than what the American critics gave them. It is an awesome show. Maybe not nearly as good as the first 3 seasons (doesn't even come close to Children of Earth), but good enough. (Just wanted to say that Ianto was mentioned in Episode 3. And when Jack told Gwen, "I wish he was here", I just lost it. I broke down and cried. Which surprised myself a lot - I didn't realise I missed Ianto so much... Which shows that Gareth did a great job playing Ianto, and Russel did an amazing job writing his lines.) Anyway. Miracle Day. It is full of suspense, blood and gore, sex, everything that makes a standard American adult television show. But they do it so well. What with the new Torchwood team made up of Jack, Gwen, Rex and Esther, the fame of Oswald Danes, the annoying enigma that is Jillian Kitzinger... Quite interesting, full of questions, but missing one pivotal thing. Where are the aliens?? Come on, it's Torchwood. It wouldn't be a Torchwood show without any aliens. The Miracle is definitely work of an alien or aliens, but they haven't even mentioned anything about it yet. The only lien thing that popped up so far (I'm still at Episode 5, remember) is that the news agencies are speculating extra terrestrial intervention. But unlike CoE, there is no mention of an alien name, alien type, or anyone who may have been in contact with the aliens before or during the Miracle. Oh, except for Phicorp, who, according to Rex, apparently knew about Miracle and have prepared for it even before it started. So that is some kind of clue that the aliens have some human connections. Or that Phicorp purposely used those aliens to reap profit for themselves, since they're a pharmaceutical company. More drugs needed = more money. I still don't really see the point in Oswald Danes, though. I think the situation wih Gwen's father is enough to cover the perspective of a victim of the Overflow Camps, and Oswald Danes is just some idiot who gets famous because he didn't die at his execution. Although maybe he is the link between Phicorp and Miracle Day, because it is only through him that Jillian Kitzinger (who works for Phicorp) got a job and is able to promote the painkillers that Phicorp produces (or has already manufactured). Actually no that's not true. Kitzinger could have done that just as well, and much more efficiently, with Dr Vera Juarez. And they didn't have to mortally injure Dr Juarez. Stupid writers of the show. I thought she should have been a proper part of the Torchwood team. They need a medic, hello? And she's Rex's unofficial lover, too. What would he do if he found out Vera was in trouble? Maybe it's like Children of Earth, where Ianto died so Jack could make hard decisions to save the Earth (shit I'm gonna start crying again). If Vera was mortally injured but can't die because of the damned Miracle, maybe Rex didn't want to see her suffer anymore and so becomes like Jack, making hard decisions in order to remove the Miracle and save Vera by finally letting her die. The worst part of the Miracle is that people are not even allowed to be unconscious. They will always be awake and feel whatever kind of pain that was inflicted on them. Terrible. I think I just predicted the rest of the show, and from what I read in reviews so far (no I haven't read any spoilers) that the show is quite predictable, I think I got it right. But then again, I was never very good at predicting television shows. I always get sucked up in the moment, whatever kind of show it is, even if it was rated like, half a star or something. Yeah I was exaggerating. So, I'm going back to continue Miracle Day, and I am pleased at how it is progressing. Go Torchwood. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|