
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
5:12 PM |
Torchwood Spoilers HAHA People say Torchwood: Miracle Day is a failure, but I don't know why. Possible reasons: 1. It's written by Americans 2. It's filmed in America with no rebuilt Hub, no Millenium Centre, no familiar places 3. Owen, Tosh and Ianto are dead 4. Only familiarity: Capt. Jack and Gwen 5. No aliens until Ep. 5 6. Slow pace Actually right from the beginning I knew Torchwood had 4 seasons. But then I found out Ianto died in Season 3. Accidentally, through the sodding spoiler-giver that is the Internet. So I automatically assumed that Season 4 will be bad. Then I watched the first 2 seasons of Torchwood. During Ep. 3 of Season 1 I thought Torchwood was going to be a failure because Ghost Machine was such a boring episode with nothing exciting happening, and you don't even know where the alien device comes from in the end. Then it picked up at Cyberwoman (where I finally began to notice Ianto Jones), then it became better and better. In Reset, Owen Harper was shot dead. I was shocked. SO much so that I literally sat in front of the TV for half and hour trying to make sense of the whole thing - it happened so fast. When the doctor guy shot him, I thought, "Ahh he can't die, quickly revive him." Then I heard Martha Jones say, "He's dead." And I just froze in shock. I never actually realized Torchwood was an adult show with real-life situations until that day, where even your heroes can die. At that point I was just warming up to Owen Harper. I was so relieved when they brought him back with the other Resurrection Glove. But then he died. Again. Actually we don't even know if he died, since at that time he was already a dead man walking. His body was supposed to have melted as he watched because of the radiation. We don't know if his 'soul' survived - the soul of the King of the Weevils. And then they took out Tosh in the same episode. I just thought to myself how ridiculous this was. I respected the way they died and all, but the people who make Torchwood must know that the audience have already warmed their hearts to these characters, if not Owen then definitely Tosh, and you can't just take away two of them in the span of 2 minutes! When I saw Jack and Gwen and Ianto huddled in front of the computer I just thought how empty it was. That the show couldn't go on without their snarky but loyal medic, and the shy but supremely intelligent computer genius. I have all the episodes of Torchwood: Children of Earth taped in my set-top box, but I daren't watch it. Because I know Ianto dies. And I don't think I can watch it without being literally emotionally affected, since I still have 2 weeks of examinations left. I just read a piece of fanfiction detailing CoE and I really just sobbed. I didn't even realise I was capable of crying for fictional characters until Ianto Jones came along. Haha. I'm a nut. Overly emotional. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|