<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Friday, November 23, 2012

Back to top
11:42 AM
Was looking at Doctor Who timelines, and this post is my sorting out of facts.

Wikipedia said that the timezone for The End of Time was unknown, but I think it can be calculated using the method of elimination.

When I say unknown, I only meant the part where the Doctor visited his old companions to say goodbye to them (Martha & Mickey, Jack & Alonzo, Sarah-Jane etc.), where you don't know how much he traveled backwards or forwards in time in the TARDIS to go visit them.

They did mention for Rose Tyler (2005) so that's sorted.

For Jack & Alonzo, they were in the bar of an alien spaceship, and from that and the way Jack was swallowing his drink, we can tell it was just after the events of Children of Earth and Ianto Jones' death (2009), when Jack escaped the confines of the Earth. Jack only left Earth for about 6 months, because he returned for the events of Miracle Day. So it could only have occurred within those 6 months anyway.

Alonzo was with him, still in his uniform, so since Alonzo couldn't have time traveled (we know of no such device in his possession) therefore it must have been after the Titanic episode, obviously (which was already situated in 2007).

These 2 paragraphs mean that Alonzo continued his job for at least 2 years, maybe almost 3. There are no stripes or any symbols on Alonso's uniform that he was wearing when he met Jack at the bar, so I just assumed the Doctor gave him a higher role (since the Doctor did the same for Martha as a reward - recommended her for a job with UNIT) in the space ship business, I guess.

Okay so yeah that was simple!

----------

So for Martha and Mickey. Hmm. They were battling against a Sontaran, which was definitely not just a game for fun. We don't even know if they were on Earth or not! Presumably Mickey also joined UNIT by recommendation by the Doctor, or he wouldn't be working with Martha.

For this one there aren't many clues to decide the timeline, because there are no other factors to determine it. The only things we know are:

1. They were fighting a Sontaran, which means it is definitely after Donna's era as the companion, since they only introduced Sontarans during Donna's era, and the Doctor knew how to kill them.

2. Mickey and Mrtha were together - more proof that it was after Donna's era, because they only met during Stolen Earth (DW S4E12).

So yeah.

--------

As for Sarah-Jane and Luke, I don't really know anything about them, since the only Sarah-Jane I watched were with Nine and Ten, which is not a lot (about 5 or 6 episodes in total?). I don't watch Classic Who or Sarah-Jane Adventures. So I just assume it's in the present.

I love how Captain Jack was not the first character to get a spin-off series from Doctor Who. This may sound weird, since who wouldn't like to be the first? But then it makes the spin-off thing more authentic, and not some sudden decision. Sarah-Jane already earned her status as a super popular companion, and so with the production of Torchwood, it shows that Captain Jack has attained the same rank in a shorter time! Because h wasn't a Classic Who character *chuckles*

I also love how Ten visited Rose before she even met Nine at the department store. Which is something like fate, because she met the Doctor she'd be with the rest of her life (in the parallel universe) first of all :')

---------

If those of you reading this are confused, then you're not a true Doctor Who fan, haha. Not yet anyway. I myself only started it in late July/early August, so who am I to talk, right?

I love Doctor Who. Man yes I do.

But I love Torchwood more.

Comment | 0 Comment(s)