
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
5:09 PM |
Was looking through the list of Welsh boy names today. If you remember, I read a list of Welsh girl names about 2 weeks back (?) and selected which ones I liked and would like my child to have. Now I'm gonna do the same for boy names. :) In Alphabetical order: - - Alun (possibly meaning 'little rock') - Cadell (meaning battle) - Carwyn/Caerwyn (meaning fair love) - Celyn (meaning holly) - Dylan (meaning great sea) sounds like an English/American name..? Familliar? - Drystan (Welsh Arthurian name meaning bold/daring) - Gareth (possibly meaning old) again sounds familliar, maybe a common name? - Hadyn (meaning little fire) - Ianto (meaning God is gracious) nice name, but I'm not religious, but it doesn't matter - Kai (Welsh Arthurian name meaning lord) - Owen (meaning born of yew) - Rhys (meaning passion) - Robyn (meaning bright fame) - Siarl (Welsh version of Charles) - Sion (Welsh version of French name Jean, meaning God is gracious) Like I said for my previous list, meaning is not important just as long as it sounds nice, but if the name has a horrible meaning I definitely won't use it no matter how nice it sounds. Oh and I just remembered, I also took out nice-sounding names that could be made fun of easily. Just me. I have a feeling that the boys' list is longer than the girls'. Hopefully I'll be able to find the list when I'm older and if I still like the list/Welsh names in general, I'll use this for reference. Haha. :) ----------- Just a random comment: When I first listened to Taylor Swift's All Too Well, when she sang the line 'your cheeks were turning red', because of the way she said it, I heard 'your sheets were turning red', and I literally gasped in horror. I thought the guy she was referring to was killing himself or something, for a fleeting moment. ---------- By the way, I think Welsh people have brilliant genes. Almost all Welsh people are breathtakingly beautiful in a subtle way. When I say subtle, I mean someone like Gareth David-Lloyd (just to name one person). The first time I saw him on TV was Torchwood S1E1 Everything Changes (obviously), and I thought he was chubby and ugly and too pale. But after a short while I realised he was actually slim, and quite good-looking, his nose is really cute, and his eyes are such a deep blue. Also his dark brown hair contrasts nicely with his pale skin, and his smiles are to die for. His voice is low and melodious, and it does not help that he's Welsh, so the accent makes his voice even more sensual (for lack of a better word)... --------- Got reminded of another thing: I used to be surprised that Hasini (friend) could tell me everything each character (or at least her favourite characters) was wearing on which episode, and she could also remember what each episode was called,a nd in what order they were shown in. Well you may think I'm ridiculous of being a fan of previous shows and not knowing this 'basic information', but maybe I just didn't like those shows enough to care. But then I started watching Torchwood. And I found I could remember all these things from off the top of my mind. Especially Ianto's suit, shirt and tie combinations, and Jack's shirt and suspender combinations from almost all the episodes. I was shocked myself, but rather pleased. Mostly because I never remembered ever caring or noticing these things deliberately. And remembering each episode title and specific happenings (related to the main plot or not) has become sort of elementary for Torchwood and Doctor Who especially, because for each episode, something starkly different and unique happens and the title are unique too. So it is actually quite easy. And here's the weirdest Torchwood episode title (imo): S1E8 They Keep Killing Suzie It's completely relevant and obviously so, by the way. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|