
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
9:26 PM |
Decided to work my brain a little this holiday, by playing the Torchwood Season 2 missions on the BBC Torchwood Season 2 website, which you can visit by clicking here. I'm sure there are fans who play it and finish all 11 missions (I'm on Mission 2 now), but it's quite tedious, what with all the websites you have to visit and numbers you have to remember, and names. So far I've found it quite fun and not that hard, although right now I'm still trying to find out who last contacted Natalie Blake. I think it's her sister but I don't know her name. I only got as far as finding out her number and hacking into her last calls. I'm stuck now, I am. Tried vising Dark Talk and Singles SOS and even painstakingly read through all the words in the New Eden website. There's a researchers login password area - I think I'll have to go undercover for the future missions to find out more about New Eden's projects? All I can assume now is that Natalie was dispatched by John Winters (the creepy CEO of New Eden) because of something she revealed about the research, or maybe because Conrad Fischer found out something undesirable about her job. Anyway, the main mission is to find out what happened to Conrad Fischer. Getting quite confusing here, but that's why I love this game. It's got all the excitements of being a real Torchwood freelance operative! Although I would've loved going out as a field officer, but obviously that's impossible. I still don't know where the significance in week 2 of Dark Talk is in, though. Ianto said to visit it because there was a clue for the answer to Mission 2 (who was the last person to contact Natalie Blake) but I can't seem to decipher it. Because I don't think Natalie is a Sleeper Agent (Torchwood S2E02) or the vampire woman the 2nd caller mentioned. I think the answer is Natalie's sister, but I don't know her name. Bollocks! I feel so dumb. The name was staring me right in the face. Ugh. I cannot be a Torchwood operative. --------- Now I'm listening to Dark Talk for Mission 10. It's really really fun - you even get to use the singularity scalpel! ;) Passwords are really interesting to decode and there are many many websites the BBC created just for this game, and it's a lot of fun going through all of them to find out the useful information. Also, the great thing is the game came out periodically with every episode of Torchwood Season 2 that was released on TV at that time, so Ianto's briefing and Dark Talk coincide with those Torchwood episodes, which is absolutely brilliant. Hopefully I have't been giving away too many spoilers. I think I quite like the theme tune of Dark Talk. Spooky, but with a down-to-earth country feel to it. It's quite a catchy tune too. --------- Just finished it. Slightly anticlimactic, but all in all it was a good game. Ianto and Gwen (finally got to see her!) broke in to Dark Talk and we found out that Abigail Crowe was actually the main alien who had come to invade planet Earth with a series of mutations triggered by an ultrasonic signal! Well, I hope you all go play it, because it's totally worth it. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|