<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Tuesday, December 11, 2012

Back to top
9:09 PM
Had such a tremendously exciting and extremely tiring outing today.

Went to 3 places. THREE. Namely Raffles City, Plaza Singapura and Vivo City. (I know)

Outfit:
- plain white Esprit undershirt
- blue plaid Zara shirt
- Uniqlo jeans
- Virgo necklace
- SPAO sneakers

Went with: just Jennifer. :)

First I met up with her at 12PM in Raffles City. Then went to Soup Spoon for lunch.
(just saying, the soup wasn't as good as it used to be. And the bread was strangely hard at the bottom)

Then we made our way to the Timberland shop on Level 1, to look for that pair of boots I mentioned in a previous blog post. I think it was the last outing I described on this blog.
Anyway, apparently the shoes are super popular, because they were beautiful, so it wasn't a surprise to find out that they only had the small sizes left that were too small for me. My size is UK5.5/US7.5, by the way. So they only had size UK4/US6.
Since I've wanted these shoes for a long time, I was desperate to get my hands on them. So I asked the salesperson if they had stock in their other outlets. That day their system had to be down, so there was no way of checking.
Broken-hearted, I left the shop. Jennifer and I subsequently went to EVERY (almost) shop that sold boots in Raffles City, and marked out those that I especially liked. Of course none of them could compare to the  ones in Timberland. The ones I marked out were from Hush Puppies, itti & otto and Geox.

Then we passed by the Timberland shop. I couldn't help wanting to go in again and ask the salesperson to list the other outlets. But I didn't want to seem like a desperate pain-in-the-neck. So Jennifer walked in and sat down on one of the stools inside, making sure I followed her.
The salesperson gave me a namecard with all the outlets and their numbers on it, and I borrowed Jennifer's phone to call each and every one of them that was not too far away from Raffles City.
Eventually, after many many phone calls (I think around 7), I managed to reach the outlet in Vivo City and reserved the LAST pair of those shoes. The problem is, they only let you reserve for 24 hours, so I was quite bummed. From Raffles City all the way to Vivo?!
In the end I decided I'd try to convince my Dad to drive me to Vivo (I live in the far west) the next day.

We then made our way to Plaza Singapura to catch Breaking Dawn Part 2 at 3.05PM. In short, it was amazing, and I experienced a total rollercoaster ride of emotions throughout the whole movie, ESPECIALLY SO at the climax scenes.
Everyone should totally fork out 2 hours of their time to go catch this movie. It may be a Twilight Saga thing, but trust me, this has to be the best movie out of all 5. Wow.
I want to describe all my emotions without giving any spoilers, but that's terribly hard. So I'll just list my emotions during the climax scene, in order:
shock-dread-MAJOR SHOCK-afraid-stricken-angry-tearful-shock-cold-hearted determination (for the characters)-MAJOR SHOCK-blink blink- WHEEEEEEEEWW *blinks back tears of relief*.
So yeah. Go decipher that yourself. Watch the damn movie.

Then we went to Lowry's Farm to get that beanie thing I set my eyes on earlier (as mentioned in said previous blog post). But Jennifer asked me not to get it since it cost $37. The one in Timberland cost $60, and I told Jennifer, and she admitted well maybe I should have gotten that first one. Damn.

So we made our way to the train station and realised Vivo City was actually quite near Plaza Sing, so we made our way there. I collected my shoes (discount price $191, totally worth the hassle I tell you) and we walked around for a bit before deciding to head home.

We stopped to get Bread Talk buns and a drink each. I got a Floss and a Curry Dozo, then got a cup of teh tarik (yummm) at Gogo Franks (small snack stall place).

It was quite a loooong trip back. Not really, but it felt long because it was rush hour so we were packed like sardines and we had to stand up.
Now I am so knackered. But my lovely lovely shoes. Perfect.

Yeah I know I should post pictures, but I'm not in the habit of taking any. So.

Comment | 0 Comment(s)