<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Friday, January 18, 2013

Back to top
7:58 PM
Fantasy time!

Yesterday I went to Ngee Ann City with a couple friends, and on the way to Kinokuniya we passed by the menswear section of Takashimaya.

To be more specific, I passed by the formal wear section.

To be even more specific, I passed by rows and rows of colour coded ties, with different patterns ranging from bold stripe to solid coloured to print types. Then I walked by a wall with shelves of shirts, neatly folded with little cardboard pieces holding the collar up, and wrapped in clear plastic wrapping. Then I saw mannequins displaying beautiful three-piece and two-piece suits, some with subtle pinstripe, others solid coloured, ranging from charcoal grey to pale grey, some of the mannequins boasting a shirt and matching tie.

Stunning. I know.

My heart started beating faster, and I immediately wished I was older (around my early thirties) with a good stable job, reasonably well-off, and had a husband who cared about his looks, whom I could pick out a tie for on his birthday, or accompany him to a tailor on Savile Row during a holiday to London, and pick out fabrics and designs for a bespoke suit.

You know sometimes I wish I was a man and could do all these things: wake up in the morning, proceed with my morning ablutions, then go to my wardrobe and pick out a suit, find a shirt and find a matching tie from a cupboard of them displayed by the side of my bedroom, dress myself, gel my hair into place, and spritz some cologne on. Then I'd slip on some socks and a pair of shining black shoes, and leave the house. I'd step into my sleek Audi or Jaguar and cruise off to work as the editor-in-chief of a small but successful publishing company, with colleagues who were my friends that I could joke with, or would complement my choice of wear for the day.

Actually for the second part I need not be a man. Also if I was a man, there would be quite a small chance that I would be as interested in clothes and how I look as my fantasies here.

Don't judge me! I just have a thing for suits on men. >u<'ll

---------

Another thing.

I absolutely hate it when a fan of one show sees the same actor on another show, and refers to him by their fandom's character name. (get it?)

For example a Torchwood fan saying, "I just saw Captain Jack in Arrow!", because John Barrowman plays both Captain Jack and a character (Malcolm Merlyn) in Arrow.

I don't know why, but it really irks me.

Fans shouldn't associate two non-related shows with each other.

I think to think that actors portray different characters because they want to broaden their scope and be famous for not just one thing, so by referring to Merlyn as Captain Jack just won't help that.

Feel embarrassed for such fans, yeah. Even though most people might think there's nothing wrong with that.

Comment | 0 Comment(s)