<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Monday, January 14, 2013

Back to top
5:05 PM
Just discovered a post on Tumblr on myths about introverts, so I'd just like to talk about the points that apply to me. Essentially, almost everything.

So it'll be organised as myth, website explanation, my thoughts.

Myths are somewhat in order of relation to me.

Myth: Introverts always want to be alone.
Introverts are perfectly comfortable with their own thoughts. They think a lot. They daydream. They like to have problems to work on, puzzles to solve. But they can also get incredibly lonely if they don't have anyone to share their discoveries with. They crave an authentic and sincere connection with ONE PERSON at a time.

That's just me in a nutshell. I think a whole lot about the most mundane of things all the time. That's why I warned you that blog will be full of "unhealthy amounts of pedantic thinking and over-analysis of the most insignificant of things". I crave someone to share my revelations with about why unicorns are real, but I fear real life people won't be interested, so I just pour them out onto this blog, for the internet to admire. Also when I decide to call someone to share my thoughts, our conversations are no shorter than 5 hours. Yes, other people's speech and thoughts tend to interrupt my own, so I prefer to think when I'm alone in my room. Lying on my bed, staring at the ceiling.

Myth: Introverts don't like to go out in public.
Nonsense. Introverts just don't like to go out in public for AS LONG. They also like to avoid the complications that are involved in public activities. They take in data and experiences very quickly, and as a result, don't need to be there for long to "get it". They're ready to go home, recharge, and process it all. In fact, recharging is absolutely crucial for introverts.

Wei Ling was quite surprised that I was ready to leave RI after about 45 minutes of being there. Actually I was ready to leave after half an hour, but I wanted to drag it out because it seemed like I wasn't there for long enough (as compared with other people who went). I really like to get out of the house. I enjoy it, but then I get sick of it, and quite irritable, very quickly. This is why I'm not going for Youth Chapter. It's like Longest Day all over again. Too long.

I don't quite know what they mean by 'recharge', but writing on this blog about my outings is the processing part. If by 'recharge' they mean 'be alone until you crave company again', then I do that all the time.

Myth: Introverts are rude.
Introverts often don't see a reason for beating around the bush with social pleasantries. They want everyone to just be real and honest. Unfortunately, this is not acceptable in most settings, so introverts can feel a lot of pressure to fit in, which they find exhausting.

The introduction on the side panel of my blog says I talk about "the most sensitive of issues". Partly because this is a blog, but mostly because I think I need a disclaimer to warn people about the contents about my blog. This blog is for my opinion, and my opinion only. I can't be bothered with including stuff like "but people usually don't like the way I think" to try and appeal to everyone reading this. I just want to get everything out of my system about what I think of a certain subject, and beating about the bush just wastes time and makes my posts unnecessarily long. And my posts are long enough as it is.

Usually when I try to begin with disclaimers and social pleasantries, I tend to forget what I wanted to say in the first place. Because I'll be thinking of something else by then. Therefore.

Myth: Introverts are weird.
Introverts are often individualists. They don't follow the crowd. They'd prefer to be valued for their novel ways of living. They think for themselves and because of that, they often challenge the norm. The don't make most decisions based on what is popular or trendy.

Well I don't like to be part of the stereotype, that's all. Also this applies to be mostly because once something gets too popular, the quality usually drops, so I tend to get in before it becomes too popular, and quickly lose interest once it becomes so. That's the situation of K-pop in my opinion. I used to really like it, then it dissipated quite quickly after the K-wave began here in Singapore. Now I'm interested in British things - and I hope it doesn't get overly popular because I love the things they do. So you see, it's not because I'm an introvert. It's because I'm a perfectionist.

Myth: Introverts don't like to talk.
This is not true. Introverts don't talk unless they have something to say. They hate small talk. Get an introvert talking about something they like, and they won't shut up for days.

Yes. Partly why I dread social gatherings like Chinese New Year. They interrogate you about the most boring of topics that's you're not interested in, but are forced to answer because you don't want to seem rude (see myth about rudeness above). But yes, if you ask me about Doctor Who or Benedict Cumberbatch or John Barrowman, well, brace yourself.


I don't really have things to say about myself concerning the other myths.
But they still apply to me. One way or another.

The rest of the myths can be viewed here. :)

Comment | 0 Comment(s)