
VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D

|
5:41 PM |
Stayed up to listen to Cabin Pressure last night.
Here in Singapore, 6:30PM GMT is 2:30AM the next day.
It was really really funny; I think it's the best Cabin Pressure episode yet!
Click here to listen to it. :)
(only available till 15 Jan 2013)
And I wasn't worrying about my GCE results, which were going to be released today.
Then the next day I woke up at 11:30AM, and wondered why I still wasn't worrying, when I knew some people had been worrying from about a week earlier.
When I reached school at 2PM, though, it kicked in. My heart started beating out a samba. (If you didn't get that reference shame on you) And when I wasn't called up to go on stage, my face took on a grim expression. And then I got my results. First obviously I checked that it was my name written on top. Because of what happened last year. I still feel sore from it. Then I went straight to look for my Higher Art grade. (of course Higher Art was right at the bottom of the list so obviously I saw my other grade letters, not numbers.) Remember I said I'd murder someone and tear my art work up if I didn't get A2? Well I got my A1 so that's covered. :) I was really happy after that, and I cried into Wei Ling's shoulder. (I think it's the third time I've cried on her shoulder. Once was after a rollercoaster ride in Taiwan...) She got an A1 too, and we were really happy because in the years before us, only one person per year ever got an A1 for Art and Higher Art combined. Then I looked at my other results. And saw mostly ones, a couple twos, and a single three (Higher Chinese haha). So I promptly went mad for joy. Wei Ling and I both ran up to our Art teacher and yelled "WE GOT A1 FOR ART!!!!" And the expression on his face was incomparable. And when I told Mr Liu my Physics results, he was surprised and proud. I wasn't mostly happy with my results, per se. I was just relieved that:- 1. I didn't let any of my teacher's down. (MOST IMPORTANT) 2. The hours I spent on the computer during the holidays can't be used to backfire at me 3. She has one less reason to put me down 4. I can go the school I wanted to go (I literally took my chances and threw away all the poly letters they sent me without sparing them a second glance. That's not arrogance, that was determination.) 5. My brother can't say he's cleverer than me. 6. My results won't add to my enormous inferiority complex. 7. Walking around public in my new school uniform won't add to my enormous inferiority complex. 8. The burden waiting for my results is over, and I am happy. That's all that matters. (no I wasn't being contradictory about the 'happy' part. Read properly, peasants) Truthfully, my results haven't sunk in yet. I still don't believe it. But I'll have to, someday. :) I hope that's soon. Comment | 0 Comment(s)
|