<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Sunday, August 11, 2013

Back to top
10:47 PM
I know I haven't blogged in the longest time, but I really just want to write about my day yesterday. I think it was one of the best Saturday's I've ever had! In home soil, at least, not including holidays.

First I want to describe my outfit:
- over-sized skull shirt
- red + black girl badge
- small black Kutsushita-nyanko badge
- chain + cross bracelet
- Union Jack backpack
- layered necklace with crosses
- black Shana pants
- Timberland boots

I was just very pleased with my outfit that day. So.

I met my mum at Ion Orchard for lunch, after she'd had her facial at Raffles Town Club. She asked me to meet her at a place called Paradise Dynasty.

I couldn't quite believe it at first, because it was an expensive Chinese restaurant, and normally we never go to restaurants like these unless it's for dinner with all of the family. But this time, it was just lunch, with the two of us.

Quite exciting though, because she wanted to eat there to try the 8 xiao long bao (XLB) set. They were amazing. The sauteed beans and pork were absolutely delicious because the 'wok hei' aroma/flavour was very strong, and that's the best part about eating at a restaurant instead of at home, because they use these giant fire stoves that are really hot and impart a lot of flavour into the food.

We actually went out today to buy presents for my Dad's birthday, which is tomorrow, and to also buy ingredients for his birthday cake, which I'm going to bake tomorrow (black-forest chocolate cake with meringue crumble [!!!]).

So after lunch (I think my mum over ordered, as usual), we jut walked around Ion trying to think of the perfect thing to present to my Dad. We looked around a lot of shops, but never bought anything, then my mum found Uniqlo and entered. Big mistake. She's actually addicted to that shop, and she went in just to "have a look", but in the end we spent I think a good couple hours looking through both the men's and women's sections. My mum was picking up all the clothes, and wondering if she should buy them for different members of our family.

I don't actually like Uniqlo, but I ended up picking up a few things at my mum's encouragement. I spotted this thin white t-shirt with curled-in edges and a sentence roughly painted in black and red. It said something like "Regardless of whether you are wanted, you should always live life as a RocknRoller" or something like that I forget. I don't usually like words on tops, but this one was roughly painted and looked like a design, and the last word was "RocknRoller", which is always a plus. I also picked up two fitting tank tops, in black and white, to wear with some over-size shirts I have.

My mum also bought  few other things including shorts and a few t-shirt packets because they were super cheap, at S$4.90 per shirt. I wanted to get a denim shirt and another Snoopy shirt, but it's my mum's money, so I held back.

After we finally finally exited Uniqlo, we were just walking along talking about makeup when I passed by 77th Street! One of my favourite accessory shops ever because the amount of goth and punk stuff they have is so decorative and brilliant. But they're really really expensive. S$50 for a spiked necklace and S$10 for a hair-pin? That's daylight robbery. But all the stuff is so beautiful and nicely made as well.

My mum remembered I needed a new bag, so in the end I picked up a plain black pleather hand-carry bag. It looked cool, but it's plain and black so I can match it with nearly everything I own. I thought it'd be nice if I could embellish it with my own improvisations. But I don't have the perfect badges or pins or chains at home, so now I plan to go to *Scape Underground to solve that problem and maybe get more accessories (which I seriously don't need but whatever) for myself.

(I really want to pierce my ears so that I can wear the cool earrings they sell at JRunway. Just suddenly thought of it.)

Then we went to Jason's supermarket and got my (really expensive because Jason's is a gourmet grocer) ingredients for the cake, which included butter, maraschino cherry jam and dark chocolate bars. Hurray.

So that's it!

My Dad and brother were in Malaysia climbing Mt Kinabalu so they weren't here to be impatient with us for taking too long shopping.

Quite happy with my purchases yesterday, even if they aren't really my purchases, per se.

This was good retail therapy, a good break from ACSIB, now it's back to real life.

Comment | 0 Comment(s)