<body><script type="text/javascript"> function setAttributeOnload(object, attribute, val) { if(window.addEventListener) { window.addEventListener('load', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }, false); } else { window.attachEvent('onload', function(){ object[attribute] = val; }); } } </script> <div id="navbar-iframe-container"></div> <script type="text/javascript" src="https://apis.google.com/js/platform.js"></script> <script type="text/javascript"> gapi.load("gapi.iframes:gapi.iframes.style.bubble", function() { if (gapi.iframes && gapi.iframes.getContext) { gapi.iframes.getContext().openChild({ url: 'https://www.blogger.com/navbar/8268414854802523848?origin\x3dhttps://valleysofgeekdom.blogspot.com', where: document.getElementById("navbar-iframe-container"), id: "navbar-iframe" }); } }); </script>
"HI THERE ."


VALERIE WONG
"Too much of a good thing is a great thing" :D


I prom15se to pr♥t3ct because I 13elieve in 10ve.




Tumblr~
Twitter~
LiveJournal~




Quote

"It is only with the heart that one can see rightly. What is essential is invisible to the eye."
The Little Prince by Antoine de Saint-Exupéry



Connect

Amanda
Bernadette
Bianca
Carolyn
Claudia
Elaine
Frida
Grace (Blogger Public)
Grace (Tumblr)
Grace (Xanga)
Izza
Jennifer
Jill
Kellie
Kenlynn
Mabbu
Two Groovy Grapes (2G 10)
Seryoung
Super Junior
Tashfia
Vanessa
Vernice



TORCHWOOD






Credits

This layout is humbly brought to you
by Ely aka
♥chocodiiction-lovexoxo*. Background image is taken from fivepointsapart and the icon used is a screencap from Tumblr posts while
the webkit transition codes are from here.
Comment codes from Ami.
Best viewed in Mozilla Firefox.
Powered by Blogger.
Kindly do not remove this section, tyvm. Ely♥



Monday, December 30, 2013

Back to top
12:34 AM
Okay so since I last posted, quite a lot of things have happened.
Mainly, I went to Taiwan for holiday (for the 3rd time), and the DOCTOR WHO CHRISTMAS SPECIAL.

Okay firstly, Taiwan.
I went with the entire group of all my family, including ALL of my father's siblings and their families.
Making a total of 21 people. Yes I know.

We went to a lot of scenic places, ate a lot of food, and did a lot of shopping!
I bought a few things, not an alarming amount, but... Actually I didn't buy much.
A couple pairs of shoes, a top, and that's about it. Haha. Also some gifts for a few people.

Anyway, on to the most important bit: Doctor Who!

Ah, The Time of the Doctor :D
I think this has to be one of my favourite Matt Smith episodes~
I love last episode when they bring back old sayings and characters that only a true fan who follows the series faithfully will understand and appreciate (or if you're an avid Tumblr user)

So some of the things they brought back were:
Daleks (ov), Cybermen (ov), Weeping Angels (ov), Sontarans, the Silence ("Silence will fall when the question is asked!" "Doctor WHO?"), Trenzalore (where the Doctor dies), and others also but most importantly,...

Amelia Pond!
When young Pond started running round the TARDIS it began to break me.
"You were the first. The first face this face saw." And this quote was from The Eleventh Hour, Matt Smith's first proper episode!!! (I say proper, because he appeared in the Tennant regeneration episode)

I never thought that I actually like Matt Smith. I always thought he was a brilliant Doctor, and Moffat was more brilliant a writer than Davies, but Eleven never really caught on to me, because I preferred the way RTD made his characters. The method of production, maybe.

But when the time came for Matt to regenerate, I began to get really sad.
Especially when Amy came down the steps and said "Raggedy man. Goodnight." And smiled this really genuinely happy but sad smile, I began to tear up.
I literally started whimpering when Matt took off his bowtie, and I thought that was a brilliant move by Moffat or whoever directed that, because that bowtie is Eleven's iconic piece of clothing, and it was NEVER seen being taken off, even though it was obviously replaced since it changed colours depending on whether he went to the past or future. But I ramble.

So he took off his bowtie.

But the final regeneration happened so quick that I had no time to think. For the rest of the episode I just stared at the screen in shock from the speed of the regeneration, and Capaldi's subsequent demented behaviour. Which was absolutely brilliant and perfectly-Doctor :p
"My kidneys!! I don't like the colour!" "Of your kidneys..?"
Okay I basically had the exact same expression as Clara when he finally regenerated.

I didn't actually go beyond blurred vision when the actual episode was playing, but one moment made me actually shed quite a few tears.

It was during the behind the scenes (maybe Confidential? I don't know), when Matt admitted that he cried during the read-through of TOTD. He was reading the last part of the script when the Doctor made his last speech before regenerating. You could hear his voice thickening, and then during one impactful line (I think it was something like "...my last breath..." or "...times will change and so must I..."... one of the iconic lines anyway), Matt choked up and couldn't speak anymore.

Then Moffat went up to him and gave him a hug, after which Matt broke down and sobbed in his arms. Just thinking about it makes me tear up.

And Matt even said he didn't understand why, because he usually doesn't get emotional about these sorts of things. But at that read-through, when he read his final script for the first time, he cried. And after the whole episode was done filming, Moffat gave a speech, and Matt got some sprinkle-fireworks and received his own sonic screwdriver as a gift to remember.

My favourite part of the whole episode was when Amy came and said "rageddy man, goodnight", just because I love Amy to bits as a companion, and just Karen Gillan's acting in that episode in general. Like, the first time they parted, she left the Doctor due to the Weeping Angels, and that time she said "Rageddy man, goodbye." Because she was the one who left due to circumstances.

But this time, it was the Doctor who had to leave due to circumstances, and the word used, "goodnight", is just perfect. To me it has a fairytale-like connotation, like when bedtime stories are read to kids to go to sleep, and it linked to the fact that the Doctor started out as a fantasy fairytale for little Amelia, and now the fairytale is ending, and so the grown-up Amy says "goodnight", like, time to go back to sleep. Also, Karen's expression at the end when she said those words... When she was lost by Weeping Angels, she was forced to leave and did not seem to accept being separated from the Doctor. However, now her face is all serene, like she has finally accepted that she will never see the Doctor in Eleven's form ever again, because he will regenerate and lose it forever. And she as accepted that her adventures of the Doctor, and the man himself, is better to be remembered as a dream and fairytale because that is basically what Doctor Who is to us normal human beings.

It was the most brilliant moment. (Also because Karen Gillan/Amy Pond has to be my most favourite companion of all time, on par with Donna Noble, which is definitely saying something.)
I was actually considering putting Rose as one of my favourite companions, but I attribute that to nostalgia instead of actually liking her character, because, like Ten was my first Doctor, she was my first companion. However I still like Ten the best. And Tennant. Obviously.

So therefore, if you've watched TOTD, I hope you've read and understood my feelings about the episode and my opinions on certain things. However if you haven't watched it yet, and you're a Whovian (even only slightly), this is one of the best Eleven episodes and you should definitely give it a go. Although it's best if you've seen all of Eleven's episodes so you can fully appreciate every line. But it's not completely necessary to understand the story and remember the regeneration.

And finally, if you don't watch Doctor Who, watch the other episode before this one, because you won't understand anything, but I promise you will love the series. As for those who don't like the time-travelling Doctor, well, I do me and you do you. Haha :p

Comment | 0 Comment(s)